Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September 2, 2009

I have had a very busy last few weeks. My kids have started school and so have the early mornings. Ben, bless his heart has taken the early morning shift and I feel like such a lazy good for nothing. You know it is bad when your 8 year old asks before she goes to bed if you will make it out of bed to say good bye to her. YIKES!! I told her I would make it this morning but I didn’t. My problem is that I didn’t marry a man who snored but I am married to one now. It is funny because he doesn’t snore loud. If I fall asleep before Ben, all is well and the snoring doesn’t wake me but if he falls asleep before me it is better if I just get up and sleep elsewhere otherwise I’ll never get to sleep. I think I made it to sleep about 1am. Oddly enough, I can sleep through Ben snoring but not the cats. They wake me up at 5 every morning to go outside. I don’t know why they can’t wait until 5:30 when Olivia and Stephanie wake up but I don’t dare chance it. After getting up to deal with that I suppose it would be better if I just stayed up but I don’t. I try to go back to sleep and lay there listening to Ben snore. He gets up about 6 to get Stephanie on the bus and I fall asleep then. For some reason at that point, I sleep like the dead and cannot wake up. I am tired all day and have started trying to go to bed early. The problem with that is that I am a night owl so going to bed early doesn’t feel natural to me.
The kids are doing ok in school, I suppose. They don’t like it much but they never really have. Olivia loves being a senior but her day is finished usually around noon. Kelly likes her new school and though she misses home (and home misses her) I think she is really enjoying her time with her grandparents. I am going to Trenton on Friday to pick her up. It will be the first time we’ve seen her in about 3 weeks. Stephanie will be 14 years old on Friday. I think the girls are planning on going to the high school football game Friday night with a birthday party for Steph on Saturday.
My friend Dawn’s baby is due on Sunday. I think because I have so much to do on Friday and Saturday, baby Murray will decide to put in his appearance then. Why not, right? I am excited and honored to have been asked to help coach Dawn with her labor. She will do great though. She has practiced telling me to ‘shut up’ and saying ‘I hate you’ I shutter to think what she is training her husband Chad to hear. I am very proud of how Dawn has cleaned up her language in preparation for her motherhood but have teased her that I won’t be the bit surprised if her baby comes out cussing.

No comments:

Post a Comment