Monday, August 17, 2009

Today is Kelly’s first day at Trenton High School. She changed her mind when I was halfway to Trenton to sign her up for Bell. The reason for this is sound though. My mother works at BHS and while it would be great to be there, my mother is planning to retire at the end of this year. In choosing to go to THS, she will be at the same school as two of her cousins (Jamie, 9th grade and Madison, 6th grade). She is now a Trenton Tiger with her school colors Black and Gold.
We found out recently that the high schools in Gilchrist Co do not offer honors classes and this was disappointing because Kelly was due to take three honors courses. She did have the option of taking the classes online at FLVS (Florida Virtual School) but declined when she found out her other option was to take the same classes from the local community college and receive college credit for them. She took her College Placement Test (CPT) last Friday and scored well enough to allow her into the classes. Now, if we can just convince her to study more seriously than before.
On Saturday, we attended a baby shower for my very good friend Dawn Murray. She is due to have her first child on Sept. 6th and I have been honored with the request to be in the delivery room with her and her husband Chad (aka Bad Chad or Chadalisious). Olivia and Stephanie may be there as well. Stephanie’s job will be making the phone calls, Olivia’s job will be ice chips, even though they don’t do ‘squat’ (ref. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2). And I will be holding her hand trying to find the words to convince her that she will love through this and that she doesn’t actually hate her husband. Good times!
I just received a text from my Dad. “Your ‘little tigger’ has been dropped off @ Tigger School. She was a little nervous, but her cuz is showing her around.”
Can’t wait to hear how it goes and I probably won’t have to; chances are she will text me during lunch, or earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment